Wednesday, November 17, 2010

High Contrast

I've always been drawn to the look of black and white high contrast. It's so crisp, clean, and has such a luxurious feel. I love how you can go super bold with patterns and geometric shapes, or you can stay more calming and simple. The great thing is that any pop of color you want to throw in there works!

I think black and white will always be a staple in my house!


Are you a fan or is it too plain?


Images: Habitually Chic, Elle Decor, Glam Lamb, Desk of Anne,

8 comments:

Karena said...

Black and white is such an elegant chic look. Love the images you chose!

Come enter my giveaway from Empress of the Eye! You will love the interview!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Lilacandgrey said...

totally a fan!!

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

Definitely! I'm totally on the same page when it comes to high contrast! I have just repainted our kitchen and dining in a off-white colour with glossy black cupboards and a black chalkboard feature wall. I am pushing for glossy black floors in the kitchen but everyone who's been helping us thinks I'm crazy to want black floors. They say it shows dirt easily. I say bring it on - I'll keep it clean.

All the images in this post are absolutely GORGEOUS. Thanks for such beauty on a Thursday morning!

Unknown said...

Definitely a fan- always need some black and white in a room and then like a little pop of colour- good recipe for a great room! Loved your inspiration shots:) xo

bazaarofserendipity said...

I am the same if i want something I'll do it and clean! It will look sooo fab! Share pics when your done pretty please!!

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

I will definitely share some pictures! Can't wait to be done, been painting for a week now... :(

Thanks for supporting my worthy glossy black floors cause ;)

jandjhome said...

I'm fixing up my office and went with black and white. I am loving it. These pictures are great inspiration.

Oleander said...

those bedrooms are to die for. mmm