Saturday, May 15, 2010

Feelin Gray

To be perfectly honest I haven't been my normal silly self lately. I found out last week when I went home for Mother's Day that my grandfather had been put on hospice and been given 3-6 months to live. I've lost a set of grandparents and it was without a doubt the hardest thing I have ever dealt with. In that situation It was sudden and I went into a shock after words. Knowing that the end is near is a terrible and strange thing to know, and has been plagueing me all week. So I thought it only be appropriate I match the rooms to my temperament.


some pretty darn gorgeous rooms though, if i do say so myself.



Images: Ruthie Sommers, Decor Pad

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. I lost mine a year ago and sometimes it still hurts. Hope you get to enjoy these next few months. xx

Camille said...

I'm so sorry about your granddaddy. Life is such a beautiful blessing and family illness just seems to put a big, sad cloud on everything. At least you're still finding some beauty via design:) I do love this mix of moody gray and carolina blue!

Oona Johnson said...

My grandmother is soon headed down that road, it's never easy or simple.

I love the first pick; the headboard and dresser are beautiful!