Monday, March 1, 2010

Upward Bound House

Have you heard about the Upward Bound House? Upward Bound House is a community-based, social service agency that takes in homeless families, to help them get back on their feet. The Upward Bound House actually used to be a Budget Motel, and probably looked like one until recently eighteen designers came together to design different rooms using donations from local retailers, as wall as friends and family. You are not going to believe how amazing it turned out!! This would be my dream. I can imagine the trill of giving back by doing what you love most, talk about food for the soul!

Here is my FAVORITE!! It's designed by Nadia Geller and it's gorgeous! I would love to move right in. I'm dying for that sofa!



Vanessa De Vargas

Elizabeth Bomberger

Annie Empiric

Jessica Brende

Eric Islas

Kelly Laplante

Rachel Winokur

Typhanie Peterson

Nicole Sassaman

Lynnea Schwieters

5 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

I did! Love how it turned out--what a great purpose.

Haven and Home said...

What a great cause!

Rachel Winokur Interiors said...

thanks for the post Gina! it was an amazing experience and i'm grateful for the opportunity and the generosity of all the wonderful vendors and individuals who donated items and labor to make my adopted room a success. you can see the professional photos (when we had electricity) at my blog www.ettadesigns.com/blog.

i just wanted to point out that there must be some confusion with all the posts and re-posts out there because the first few images you show for nadia geller are not from the shelter, but i agree they are beautiful.

bazaarofserendipity said...

oh thank you so much for telling me that. I'm so sorry for the mistake, I saw it on apartment therapy.

I have such admiration for the hard work that you and the other designers did! amazing amazing. Cannot sing your praises enough!

Suzie said...

Gorgeous spaces!